Socks really can change the world!
LIMBS International is excited to provide schools with a unique opportunity to have both a local and global impact through their service learning efforts. The Socktober program provides schools with the resources and materials needed to help provide legs to amputees who need them most while also providing hope and joy to those in need within their community.
How it works:
For every 75 sets of socks sold, LIMBS will provide one leg to an amputee through our partner clinics around the world.
- For every set sold, schools will also receive one pair of warm socks that can be donated to a local shelter or one pair of funs socks that can be donated to a local children's hospital.
- Schools can set up their own webpage through the LIMBS site to spread the word and manage the sock sales and donations.
Meet with your Principal and get approval to run Socktober on your campus
Send out Parent Letter no later than the last week of September.
Connect with a local shelter or children's hospital and determine the best way to deliver the donated socks. (A great add on activity is to have students attach personal notes to the socks and deliver them in person)
Online Sales and Fundraising:
Set up a page for your school
- Set up your school page. HERE
- Use the social media links on the Campaign Page to spread the word.
- All sock purchases must be complete by Oct 23rd and the socks will be delivered to your school no later than the first week of Dec, just in time for the holidays.
If the traditional method of using order forms and collecting funds works best for your school we've got you covered:
Socktober Kickoff: (First week of October)
- Show the LIMBS Video
- Provide teachers the link to the LIMBS Lesson Plans and Engineering Projects
- LIMBS staff will be available for Skype calls with your students and possibly a visit to your school.
- Event Ideas to add to your Socktober fun.
Get the Word Out:
Use posters, school marquee and website.
Advertise Soctober. Every 75 (3 pair) pack sold = 1 leg and an extra pair for local donation!
- All sock orders must be placed before October 23rd!
- Socks will be sent to your school for distribution
- Celebrate online fundraising progress.
Wrap Up Your Event:
Count the donations and send in any cash or check donations to LIMBS to:
500 West Overland Suite 230
El Paso, TX 79901
Thank and congratulate student body, staff and faculty, your socks will be arriving soon!